Unique board education that develops your board career
The Executive Board Programme, which Wikborg Rein and Scandinavian Executive Institute offer in cooperation with the internationally well-known business school INSEAD, is an international board education adapted to Scandinavian conditions and legislation. The education makes you a value-added board member and an important resource for both your company and your own board career.
On the Executive Board Programme you are inspired and challenged by some of the foremost experts on board work in the world. The education focuses on value creation, development and strategy and is designed for current and upcoming board members – as well as managers who cooperate with a board of directors. The Executive Board Programme INSEAD is the only board education in Norway offered in cooperation with the prestigious business school INSEAD.
The Executive Board Programme is designed for potential professional board members, managers or executives preparing for their first board mandate to acquire the knowledge base that board members are expected to master.
It is also aimed at CEOs, COOs, CFOs and other C-suite executives, as well as family members and controlling shareholders of boards of family companies.
The Executive Board Programme is for you who want more knowledge, new skills and tools in your role as a value-adding board member. The typical participant is:
- Professionals, managers or executives without experience as board directors that aim to serve in a corporate governance role
- Family members and controlling shareholders of small and medium family companies
- Executives of government and non-profit organizations and agencies. Professionals from the institutional investment community
- Senior Executives (CEO, COO, CFO, CIO etc.)
Benefits of the Executive Board Programme
You will experience many benefits from the board program:
- an international board education adapted to Scandinavian culture and learning style
- an in-depth understanding of the complexity of the board work
- knowledge and tools to play a key role in the board
- solid insight into prioritizing efforts and effective decision making under time pressure
- knowledge of the Board of Directors’ responsibilities and duties in relation to legislation and good corporate governance
- valuable insight into the interaction between the board, management and owners
- knowledge about risk management and value creation
- an intense learning experience designed for those who have a busy program for daily use
- practice-oriented teaching and concrete tools that you can use immediately
- a professional network – Executive Forum – together with other professional board members
Length of education and time use
The Executive Board Programme consists of two modules. The first module takes place in Norway and the second at INSEAD in Fontainebleau, France. The total length of the education is six days. About 10 hours of homework must be expected in advance of Module I and 20 hours of homework in advance of Module II.