Fisheries and Aquaculture
We are a leading law firm within legal advice to the sea food industry. Our lawyers have expertise in all aspects of fisheries and aquaculture law and also possess extensive industry knowledge.
We provide legal assistance in the following areas:
- Regulatory advice relating to legal framework, license and general terms
- Application procedures involving public authorities
- appeals on administrative decisions (orders, violation fines, enforcement damages, etc.)
- Cooperation agreements between aquaculture organisations and other private-law agreements
- Negotiations and contracts with clients and suppliers
- Dispute and proceedings, including criminal procedures
- Transactions, settlement and mergers
We are the only law firm in Norway ranked in Tier 1 in Chambers and Partners. Our lawyers in this group are also top ranked in other categories.
Within traditional fishing as well as within aquaculture law we work closely with our teams within dispute resolution and transaction / M&A. We have lawyers in our corporate department specially affiliated with the fisheries and aquaculture industry. Our international presence (London, Shanghai and Singapore) also give us an extra advantage in counselling, specifically in relation to exports in the seafood industry.