International sanctions and export control
Non-compliance with international sanctions and export control legislation not only exposes businesses to criminal and civil liability, it may also have detrimental reputational consequences. Wikborg Rein's Trade Compliance & Sanctions Team assists actors within all sectors in identifying and dealing with sanctions risks.
International sanctions and export control legislation is far-reaching, highly complex and rapidly changing. Wikborg Rein's Trade Compliance & Sanctions Team has the practical and comprehensive experience to help its clients navigate the most challenging issues within trade compliance. We provide advice to large and small companies in all sectors, and assist them in assessing and responding to both Norwegian and international sanctions and export restrictions.
Our assistance consists of, inter alia:
- Preparing tailored analyses of export control and international sanctions legislation
- Providing sanctions screening services
- Conducting sanctions risk assessments and developing risk mitigation measures
- Drafting and implementing sanctions compliance programs
- Providing training on sanctions and export control legislation
- Providing updates and alerts on amendments to sanctions programs
- Advising on sanction risks in transactions and contracts
- Preparing export license applications
- Advising on enforcement cases and potential export control and sanctions violations
We also issue WR Sanctions Alerts, in which we provide updates on material developments in sanctions programs implemented by the US, the UN, the EU and Norway.