Wikborg Rein’s M&A team handles many of the largest, most complex and demanding transactions in the Norwegian market, including cross-border transactions in particular.
Wikborg Rein’s Corporate Finance Group’s M&A practice comprises 20 partners and 45 specialised lawyers. We work closely with other teams of Wikborg Rein’s Corporate Finance Group. The cooperation with Wikborg Rein’s Capital Markets, Banking Finance and other teams will ensure that we will be able to provide first class legal and industrial expertise and experience. We are highly ranked by acknowledged international Legal Directories, including:Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and IFLR 1000.
Our M&A practice includes comprehensive experience with negotiated and contested M&A matters in a wide variety of contexts, including competitive auctions, exclusive transactions, club deals, spin-offs and joint ventures. We advise on both public and private transactions and represent industrial, private equity and financial players. We have particular strenths in Norwegian key industry sectors such as shipping and offshore, petroleum and energy. According to Mergermarket, Wikborg Rein was ranked as number 1 among the Norwegian law firms in terms of number of M&A deals with a value in excess of USD 100 million in 2012.
In the period from 2010-2012 we were top 2 ranked on Mergermarket’s M&A transaction league table for Norwegian transactions in respect of deals with value in excess of USD 100 million: According to Mergermarket, four of our
partners were in the same period among the top 15 lawyers with regard to number of reported M&A transactions in the Norwegian market. No other Norwegian law firm has more M&A partners in such peer.
With our international presence, comprising of 35 foreign qualified lawyers in addition to our Norwegian qualified lawyers located abroad, our international capabilities set Wikborg Rein’s practice apart from all other Norwegian law firms. We capitalize on a competitive advantage with respect to international and complex cross border transactions. None of our Norwegian competitors can offer similar foreign law expertise.
The table shows a selection of significant announced M&A transactions in the period from 2010-2013 involving Wikborg Rein.
We have a dedicated private equity team which assists Norwegian and international private equity firms in connection with investments and investments, development of portfolio companies and the establishment and winding-up of Norwegian and overseas funds. Our Banking Finance team is leading in leverage finance. In the period from 2010-2013 we have been involved in approximately 35 M&A transactions reported to Mergermarkets which had a PE sponsor on either the sale - or buyside, including:
- IK Investment Partner’s transactions in Europris Holding AS and Colosseum Dental AS
- Montagu Private Equity’s acquisition of Hansen Protection from Altor Equity Partners, and sale to IK
- Riverstone’s divestment of Seajacks International
- Hitec Vision’s transactions in Axis Offshore Pte Ltd, Naxys AS, Bennex AS, Poseidon Group AS, North Sea Communications ASA and BassDrill
- Hercules’ transactions in Pronova BioPharma ASA and Hjelp24 AS
- EQT’s acquisitions of Troms Kraft Fiber and Pronea AS
- Reiten & Co Capital Partner’s acquisitions of Data Respons, StormGeo AS, and ImpactWeather, Inc
- Ferd’s acquisition of Telecomputing
- Borea Opportunity II AS’ transactions in Sharecat Solutions AS, Mesterjobb Bemanning AS, WorkShop Bemanning & Kompetanse AS MK Montasje, and Dekk1 Holding
- Norvestor’s acquistion of iSurvey Group