Oil and gas
The lawyers in Wikborg Rein have expert knowledge and extensive experience with legal matters related to the oil and gas sector. We are proud to offer an expert team of lawyers with experience from both the government, the oil sector and the supply industry. This gives us unique insight into our client's needs, and enables us to provide commercial and solution-oriented advice.
The oil and gas industry has been important to Norway's identity and industrial development and is still Norway's largest industry. We in Wikborg Rein are key advisors for both oil companies and other players, and our lawyers regularly advise on a broad range of matters, including:
- Regulatory frameworks for the oil and gas industry, including the Norwegian Petroleum Act, the Norwegian Petroleum Taxation Act and the Norwegian offshore licensing system
- Collaboration between participants in Norwegian production licenses
- Unitization negotiations and unitization agreements
- Tie-in agreements
- Transactions, including the purchase and sale of license rights, shares in oil and gas companies, and infrastructure assets.
- Financing of petroleum activities
- Development projects, including FPSO projects.
- Oil service contracts
- Gas shipping and export tariffs
- Contracts for the purchase and sale of natural gas
- Price review under long term gas contracts and associated dispute resolution
- Seismic transactions and other contracts relevant to the seismic industry
- Offshore facility decommissioning