We are a leading international law firm within the shipping and offshore sectors. Headquartered in Norway, home to one of the world's largest and most active shipping and offshore clusters, and with offices around the world, the firm's practice assists on projects and disputes across the industry both in Norway and globally.
We pride ourselves on adding value to our clients' commercial activities and providing top quality legal services and up to date solutions that are adaptable to rapidly changing market conditions. Many of our lawyers are leaders in their fields and are treated as trusted partners by our clients.
One of our core strengths comes from the substantial development of our English law practice, which enables us to match industry expertise with both Norwegian and English law capability across our offices. We also have leading experts within other fields who can be involved if needed, and we can tailor the right team across offices and teams as necessary to meet the specific needs of our clients. We are uniquely positioned to provide full service support in large cross border shipping and offshore projects and dispute resolution.
We offer legal services across the entire shipping and offshore industry, including:
- Arbitration and litigation
- Sale and purchase transactions, including sale and lease backs
- Shipbuilding contracts and follow-up of building projects
- Capital raising and IPOs
- Super yacht construction, registration and operation
- Construction of offshore vessels, modules and structures
- Drilling and service contracts
- Cruise ship construction and operation
- Charterparties, bills of lading, cargo claims etc.
- Marine insurance
- War risk and piracy
- Admiralty and emergency response (emergency number: +47 22 82 77 00)
- Salvage and wreck removal
- Pollution and clean-up following maritime casualties
- Anti-corruption, compliance and sanctions
We have an established global presence with offices in Oslo, Bergen, London, Shanghai and Singapore. We have been in Asia since 1965 and were the first international shipping firm to practice local law in Singapore. Through our alliance with one of Brazil's leading law firms, Vieira Rezende, we are also well established in Brazil.
We are top-tier rated with Chambers and Partners, Legal 500 and other legal directories and have received a number of other international recognitions:
- Excellence in Maritime Law 2019, Lloyd's List Europe Awards (nominated)
- Deal of the Year 2019, Lloyd's List Europe Awards (nominated)
- Maritime Law Firm of the Year Asia, Lloyd's List Asia
- Maritime Law Firm of the Year, Lloyd's List Global Awards
- Shipping Law Firm of the Year, ALB (UK cross-border finance work included)
- Maritime Law Firm of the Year, Seatrade Asia (UK cross-border finance work included)
- Shipping Law Firm of the Year, China Legal Business