We are a full service international law firm and leading specialist within the shipping and offshore sectors. Headquartered in Norway, home to one of the world's largest and most active shipping and offshore clusters, and with offices around the world, the firm's shipping and offshore practice works within Norway and globally on projects and disputes across the shipping and offshore sector, including in relation to the construction, finance, operation and management of shipping and offshore assets.
We pride ourselves on adding value to our clients' commercial activities and providing up to date solutions that are adaptable to rapidly changing market conditions. Many of our lawyers are leaders in their fields and are treated as trusted partners by our clients.
One of our core strengths comes from the substantial development of our English law practice, which enables us to match industry expertise with both Norwegian and English law capability across our offices. We can tailor the right team across offices and teams as necessary to meet the specific needs of our clients.
Range of practice: We offer a full service within the shipping and offshore sectors, and are uniquely positioned to provide full service support in large cross border shipping and offshore projects and dispute resolution, including in respect of:
- Arbitration and litigation
- Admiralty and emergency response
- Anti-bribery, corruption and sanctions
- Cargo claims
- Capital raising and IPOs
- Construction of offshore vessels, modules and structures
- Cruise ship operation and construction
- Drilling and service contracts
- Marine insurance
- Piracy and maritime security;
- Pollution regulation and clean up
- Sale and purchase transactions, including sale and lease backs
- Shipbuilding negotiation and management
- Super yacht construction, registration and operation
- Taxation and tax incentives
Legal expertise: We have an established global presence with offices in Oslo, Bergen, London, Shanghai and Singapore. We have been in Asia since 1965 and were the first international shipping firm to practice local law in Singapore. Through our alliance with one of Brazil’s leading law firms, Vieira Rezende, we are also well established in Brazil.
Recent international accolades: We are top tier rated with Chambers, Legal 500 and other legal directories and have been nominated for the following awards:
- Maritime Law Firm of the Year, shortlisted finalist 2013, 2014 and 2015
Lloyd's List Global Awards
- Maritime Law Firm of the Year Asia, winner 2011, shortlisted finalist 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016 Lloyd's List Asia
- Shipping Law Firm of the Year, Finalist - 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 ALB (UK cross-border finance work included)
- Maritime Law Firm of the Year, Finalist - 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Seatrade Asia (UK cross-border finance work included)
- Shipping Law Firm of the Year, Finalist, 2013-2016
China Legal Business