The tax group also advises clients on accountancy law issues associated with transactions such as mergers, demergers, acquisitions, etc, other related transactions and excess policies.
We assist clients with the following:
- Ongoing advice on tax and duty for companies, business owners, foundations, etc
- Structuring, restructuring, mergers, demergers and acquisitions
- Establishment of international structures, domicile changes, cross-border transactions etc
- Development of tax efficient long-term ownership structures for high-net worth individuals and families, inheritance issues, etc
- Drafting and follow-up of complaints regarding tax assessment decisions and representation before all courts.
We also assist clients across the spectrum of the shipping, offshore and energy and natural resources industries, and therefore we frequently work with specific taxation rules applicable to petroleum, shipping (tonnage tax) and power plants.
The tax group consists of three partners and eight associates based in our offices in Bergen and Oslo. The group prides itself on its wide-ranging expertise in this area. Each assignment is allocated to the most appropriate member of the group to ensure specialist advice in a timely manner. We offer our clients in-depth knowledge of the tax legislation coupled with first-class advice on effective tax planning strategies to achieve the best possible solution for our clients. The depth of our experience and pragmatic approach to each assignment enables us to provide clients with high quality seamless advice.