Trade law is becoming increasingly complex and international. We are a full-range supplier of legal services within trade law and we assist a large variety of businesses within Norwegian and international trade.
Our trade law practice covers the entire trading chain within all industries, from manufacturing via intermediates to end customers. As examples, we assist clients within electronics, mechanical parts, healthcare, food, clothing and textiles, chemicals, building materials and various consumer goods industries.
In addition to Norwegian trade law matters we handle a large volume of international matters, including matters for Norwegian clients in foreign jurisdictions and for foreign clients in Norway. With our foreign offices in Shanghai, Singapore and London combined with a worldwide network of proven local lawyers, we have a unique capacity to provide effective assistance in foreign jurisdictions. In addition, several of our Norwegian trade law lawyers have been stationed abroad for a number of years, including in China.
Examples of matters in our trade law portfolio include:
- Complete structuring of international trading businesses, including establishment of foreign subsidiaries and drafting of all internal and external agreements
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements within all parts of the trading chain, including manufacturing agreements, sales agreements, distribution agreements and agency agreements
- Drafting and negotiation of franchising agreements
- Dispute resolution within all parts of the trading chain, both in Norway and abroad
- Dispute resolution related to third parties outside the trading chain, including copy cats in China and other foreign jurisdictions