Chelsea Chen is a Senior Lawyer at Wikborg Rein's Shanghai office and her main area of practice lies within the maritime, shipping and offshore, petroleum and energy fields.
She has a broad range of experience specializing in construction, purchase and sale and financing (including financial leasing) of commercial ships and offshore units together with their employment, operation and disposal. In addition her practice also encompasses marine insurance, international dispute resolution and corporate commercial in relation to outbound and inbound investment between China and Norway.
With more than 11 years of experiences, Chen has represented a large number of Norwegian and European multi-nationals, shipowners, private and state-owned shipyards, Chinese state-owned oil companies, trading houses and large Chinese financial institutes and has been the lead counsel or main client contact point closing many major transactions.
- 2013- Senior Lawyer, Wikborg Rein, Shanghai
- 2012 Senior Associate, Wikborg Rein, Shanghai
- 2011-2012 Senior Associate, Wikborg Rein, London
- 2011 Senior Associate, Wikborg Rein, Shanghai
- 2006-2010 Legal Consultant, Wikborg Rein, Shanghai
- 2005 Trainee, Shanghai Diamondlegal Law Firm
- 2003 Legal Assistant, Shanghai Zhonghao Law Firm
- 2005 LLM in Maritime Law, University of Southampton
- 2003 LLB, School of Law, Shanghai International Studies University