Anders Myklebust is a Partner at Wikborg Rein's Oslo office and is part of the firm's Tax practice.
Myklebust mainly works with issues related to tax laws and company laws. He has previously been employed in the Central Tax Office for large-sized companies (Sentralskattekontoret for storbedrifter) and has published a book and several articles in connection with tax law.
The work related to tax comprises all areas within tax, charges and duties, but primarily related to corporate taxation. This includes giving advice in tax issues related to transactions, structuring the transactions, transfer pricing etc, as well as day to day tax advice to companies. The work also includes assistance to companies in their contact with the tax authorities, appeals and court cases. In addition to corporate taxation Myklebust has also wide experience related to the special tax regimes for shipping company (tonnage tax), as well as experience from the tax regimes related to hydroelectric power plants and petroleum activities. He also works with ordinary personal taxation, including taxation of earn out related to employed shareholders' sale of companies.
Within the area of charges and duties Myklebust has worked with both VAT, inheritance tax and special duties. He has also experience from court cases related to these issues. In addition to tax issues, Myklebust has also experience from ordinary corporate work by assisting the involved parties in connection with sale and purchase of companies. This includes all aspects from negotiation of sale and purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, due diligence processes and closing of transactions. He has also extensive experience from sale and purchase of real estate companies. This work has often a connection to the work related to tax and VAT issues in the transactions.
Myklebust is recommended by Chambers and Partners as "Leaders in their field" in the category Tax.
- 2008 - Partner, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 2005-2007 Senior Associate, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 2002-2005 Associate, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 1998-2001 Legal Adviser, Central Tax Office for large-sized companies (Sentralskattekontoret for storbedrifter), Moss
- Contributor to the book 100 næringseiendomstips (100 commercial real estate tips), Wikborg Rein 2014
- Company taxation in practice" (editor) (Norwegian), Den norske Revisorforening, Oslo, 2000
- "The Tax Appeal Board complaint dealing, income year 1998" (Norwegian), Skatterett 1, 2 and 4/2001
- Various other articles
- Obstacles to Nordic Venture Capital Funds / Nordic Innovation Centre. – 3rd ed., Norwegian part by Sigurd Opedal and Anders Myklebust
- 2004 Practicing Certificate
- 1998 Law Degree, University of Oslo