Arne Didrik Kjørnæs is a Partner at Wikborg Rein's Oslo office and is part of the firm's Corporate Law practice.
For a number of years, Kjørnæs has advised Norwegian and non-Norwegian finance institutions, securities trading firms, banks and other companies on stock exchange introductions, share issues, mergers, acquisitions and sale in Norway as well as abroad. He has led a project with the objective to implement structural changes in the Norwegian finance sector, including the merger proposals with insurance companies and banks, and has been project manager for several M&A transactions in Norway and abroad.
Kjørnæs has been a member of a number of committees on corporate, accounting, stock exchange and securities law and was retained by the Ministry of Justice in connection with the travaux préparatoires of the Companies Acts, and by the Ministry of Finance concerning amendments of insider trading rules.
Kjørnæs is admitted to the Supreme Court and is recommended by Chambers and Partners as "Leaders in their field" in the categories Capital Markets / Corporate/M&A.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Restructuring and refinancing
- Listing and public offerings
- Shareholder agreements/disputes between owners
- Litigation before ordinary courts and arbitration panels
- Advisor to board of directors and owners on strategic issues
- Corporate governance
- 1988- Partner, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 1984-1987 Japan Representative, Wikborg Reins kontor i Kobe, Japan
- 1982-1984 Associate, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 1981-1982 Deputy District Judge, Ringerike Sorenskriverembete
- 1980-1981 Assistant Professor, Institute of Private Law, University of Oslo
- 1978-1979 Research Assistant, Institute of Private Law, University of Oslo
- "Corporate Governance and Directors’ Duties 2005" (for Norway), article (together with Tore Lerheim), Global Counsel Handbooks, 2005
- "Aksjonærrettigheter ved overdragelse" (Norwegian), Memorial Volume to Birger Stuevold Lassen (together with Lars Olav Askheim), Universitetsforlaget 1977
- Avis Scandinavia, Chairman of Avis and Budget in Norway, Sweden and Denmark
- Chairman/Member of the Board in various companies in Norway and other countries
- 1980 Cand. jur., University of Oslo