Chris Grieveson is a Partner and head of Wikborg Rein's London office. He is an English Solicitor and part of the firm's Shipping Offshore practice. Grieveson specialises in shipping, oil & gas, and commodity trading law. He has extensive experience of all aspects of shipping law (both globally and especially within SE Asia). He has been involved in handling some of the world’s major casualties and pollution incidents. Grieveson regularly advises shipowners, charterers, P&I clubs and traders on all aspects of carriage of goods, charterparty and marine insurance law. Chris also has extensive experience of shipbuilding and S&P disputes.
In the offshore industry Grieveson advises operators and contractors in the drafting and negotiation of proposed contracts; handling claims and disputes concerning contractual performance; accidents; and claims under insurance policies. His experience includes all aspects of the industry from the initial bid and tender process through commissioning, and in-field operation. He has acted for all sectors of the industry including EPC and EPCI contractors, drilling contractors, FPSO/FLNG operators, accommodation rig providers, supply boat /barge operators, and oilfield service contractors. Previously Grieveson was a partner in the Singapore office of another leading international law firm.
- Extensive experience in commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation
- Construction, sale, employment and operation of ships and offshore units
- Trading and transportation of wet and dry commodities
- Marine and energy insurance
- 2013- Partner (Head of the London office from 2018), Wikborg Rein, London
- 2010-2012 Partner, Wikborg Rein, Singapore
- 1997-2010 Partner (from 2006) Ince & Co, London and Singapore
- MA (Law) University of Cambridge
- Dip Jur (University of Poitiers)