Gunnar Meyer is a Partner at Wikborg Rein's Oslo office and is part of the firm's IP and Technology. Meyer primarily works with intellectual property matters, especially within the areas of patent and trade mark law. He also has wide experience in issues regarding contract, construction, competition, company, energy and public law. He has extensively pleaded cases before the courts at all levels, including the Supreme Court.
Meyer is recommended by Chambers and Partners as "Leaders in their field" in the category Intellectual Property. Meyer is admitted to the Norwegian Supreme Court.
- 2000- Partner, Wikborg, Rein, Oslo
- 1993-2000 Partner, Lund, Gundersen & Co. (later Gundersen & Co.), Oslo
- 1991-1993 Senior Associate, Haavind & Haga, Oslo
- 1987-1991 Senior Associate, the Attorney General, Oslo
- 1986-1987 Associate, Hauge & Stang Lund, Oslo
- 1984-1985 Deputy Judge, Nordre Sunnmøre District Court
- 1983-1984 Executive Officer, Legal Department, the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 1979-1980 Assistant Lecturer, Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law, University of Oslo
- "Forurensningsansvar i oljevirksomheten" (with Harald Hjort) (Norwegian) ("Liability for pollution from offshore operations"), Sjørettsfondet, Oslo, 1981
- "La législation norvègienne d'énergie, Xèmes Journées franco-nordiques" (French, printed discourse), Université des Sciences Sociales de Toulouse 1997
- 1990 Admitted to the Norwegian Supreme Court
- 1985-1986 Diplôme Supérieur d'Université in French Civil Law, Université de Droit, d'Economie et des Sciences Sociales, Paris
- 1983 Cand. jur., University of Oslo