Leif Petter Madsen is a Partner at Wikborg Rein's Oslo office and he is head of the firm's Restructuring and Insolvency practice. His areas of practice includes insolvency law, restructuring, transactions within urban business premises, company law, litigation and dispute resolution. Leif Petter Madsen has been appointed trustee in several major bankruptcies in Norway during the past 20 years. He administered the bankruptcy proceedings and dissolving of Norway's largest and most famous department store Steen & Strøm AS in Oslo. In 1997, he was appointed trustee in the bankruptcy of NOKA Securities AS, the first major stock broker to go bankrupt in recent years. Furthermore, in 2003, Madsen was appointed trustee in the Finance Credit system, in connection with the largest finance scandal in Norway. From 2011 until 2016 he administered the bankruptcy of Faktor Eiendom ASA with its 50 subsidiaries as well as the bankruptcy estates in connection with Aksjespareklubben TA-Invest. In 2015 Madsen was appointed trustee in Sydvaranger Gruve AS. In 2016 and 2017 he was been involved in the restructuring of supply and oil services as well as appointed trustee of the waste management company Veireno AS.
Besides his appointment as trustee, Madsen concentrates his insolvency practice in the field of debt reorganisation and out-of-court composition proceedings.
Madsen is admitted to the Supreme Court.
- 1991- Partner, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 1988-1991 Legal practice in shared offices with Rime, Ro, Sommernes, Oslo
- 1986-1987 Deputy Judge, Larvik Sorenskriverembete
- 1984-1986 Associate, Rime, Ro, Sommernes, Oslo
- Contrituor to the book 100 næringseiendomstips (100 commercial real estate tips), Wikborg Rein 2014
- "Konkursråd", Justisdepartementet, 2001
- "Foretaksrett", ad Notam Gyldendal 1989
- Member of JUS, a professional committee for bankruptcy, composition, mortgages and pledges and accounts.
- 2008 Admitted to the Norwegian Supreme Court
- 1984 Cand. jur., University of Oslo