Magnussen advices Norwegian and foreign companies within areas of business law, in their contact with public authorities and in negotiations and dispute resolution. He also has legal assignments for and advices public authorities and entities. Magnussen has been a judge for six years, during which he mediated and presided in more than 200 civil cases within a broad spectre of legal areas, and has an expertise within civil litigation.
Magnussen's main area of expertise is competition law and he is also team leader for our legal practice group for Competition and Procurement law. Magnussen has previously worked as Legal Director of the Norwegian Competition Authority, and over the last years been appointed Acting Director General of the Competition Authority in ongoing infringement cases. Magnussen is experienced in handling large and complex competition cases and has adviced in many cases before Norwegian and international competition authorities within different business areas. He also has experience from investigations and compliance work, advising in the establishment various forms of cooperation between companies, conducting legal review of companies' agreements and business conduct, and handling competition notifications of mergers and acquisitions.
- 2018- Partner, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 2012-2017 Judge, Asker and Bærum District Court
- 2007-2011 Partner and Head of the Trade, Industry and Public Sector Group, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 2003-2006 Legal Director, Norwegian Competition Authority
- 2000-2002 Référendaire, EFTA Court, Luxembourg
- 1995-1999 Associate, later Senior Associate, Selmer DA, Oslo
- 1996-1997 LLM London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- 1995 Cand. jur., Universitetet i Oslo
Other ongoing assignments:
- 2016- Chairman of the Stock Exchange Appeals Committee for Merkur Market
- 2016- Acting Director General in ongoing infringement cases, Norwegian Competition Authority