Marius Morsund Gisvold is a Partner at Wikborg Rein's Oslo office and is part of the firm's M&A practice.
Gisvold is an “all-rounder”, who started out writing an award-winning book on contracts in the petroleum business. He then mainly worked within the areas of maritime law and maritime insurance. He handled several large cases relating to the loss of ships in the 80's and early 90's. In 1990 Gisvold had a significant role in establishing the Norwegian derivative market, and then mainly worked with stock exchange and securities law, especially with issues relating to mergers and acquisitions. Gisvold has, for many years, been an external examiner of the subjects of law of mortgage and pledges, property law and law of bankruptcy, at the legal faculty in Oslo. He has also worked a lot with re-financing, restructuring, debt negotiations and bankruptcies, specialising in the handling of crises. Gisvold also has extensive experience in negotiating large and complex agreements in the international arena, and speaks several languages fluently.
Gisvold has been stationed at Wikborg Rein's former Rotterdam office (1986-1987), and at the London office, which he established (1987-1990). Board member of Wikborg Rein (1990-1995) as well as Managing Partner (1995-1997).
Gisvold is recommended by Chambers and Partners as "Leaders in their field" in the category Corporate M&A, and is ranked in several other corresponding publications within Corporate M&A, restructuring and "Corporate Governance".
- 2000- Partner, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 1999-2000 Temporary Presiding Judge, Borgarting judicial district
- 1990- Partner (Managing Partner 1995-97), Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 1990 Temporary Presiding Judge, Hålogaland judicial district
- 1987-1990 Resident Lawyer, Wikborg Rein, London
- 1986-1987 Resident Lawyer, Scandinavian Law Office, Rotterdam
- 1985- External Examiner, Faculty of Law, University of Oslo
- 1983-1986 Associate, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 1980-1983 Assistant Lecturer and Temporary Assistant Professor, Scandinavian Institute of Maritime Law, University of Oslo
- "Taksering av odelseiendom ved oldelsløsning" (Norwegian) ("Appraisement of Allodial Property in cases of Redemption"), Lov og Rett no 477/1981
- "Norwegian Petroleum Law and Administration", Oil and Gas Law and Taxation Review 6/82
- "Kontrakter i petroleumsvirksomheten" (Norwegian) ("Petroleum Industry Contracts"), Sjørettsfondet 1983 (together with Lars Olav Askheim og Jan Kaare Tapper)
- "Solving the insoluble – Norway", International Financial Law Review, 1991
- Leader of the Ethics and Conflicts Board in Wikborg Rein
- Diciplinary Committee of the Norwegian Bar Association, Oslo branch, Chairman of the Board
- 1998 Authorised FIFA agent
- 1983 Cand. jur, University of Oslo