Robert Joiner is a Partner at Wikborg Rein's Singapore office and part of the firm's Shipping Offshore practice. He is an English qualified solicitor. Joiner deals with dry shipping disputes, mainly concerning charterparties, COA's, bills of lading, project cargo/heavy lifts, MOA's, and commission agreements. He also advises on shipbuilding and rig contracts/guarantees, salvage, wreck removal, unsafe berths, groundings, fires, collisions, and offshore supply disputes.
Joiner has worked on a range of insurance matters, including marine and cargo where he advises on coverage and recovery. Additionally, he has expertise in commodities, including minerals, frozen produce, LPG and veg oils. He also has extensive experience in arbitration and litigation, and has run a large number of international arbitrations in London, Singapore and Hong Kong while based in Singapore. These range from small claims procedures to multi-million dollar disputes. Joiner also has experience with drafting contracts, guarantees and insurance policies, as well as with insurance regulation, compliance and start-up issues for company, mutual and captive insurers, including marine, P&I, and property catastrophe. He is recommended by Chambers & Partners for his "considered and comprehensive" style of practice, and Legal 500 for his "prompt, detailed advice".
- Arbitration, commercial litigation and mediation
- Negotiation and drafting contracts in the shipping, offshore and international trade sectors
- Trading and transportation of commodities
- 2012- Partner, Wikborg Rein, Singapore
- 2008-2012 Partner, Kennedys Singapore
- 2004-2008 Partner, Kennedys London
- 2003-2004 Partner, Constant & Constant
- 1993-2003 Partner, Rayfield Mills
- 1981-1984 Durham University