Rolf Riisnæs dr. juris, is a Partner at Wikborg Rein's Oslo office, head of the firm's IP and Technology practice. Riisnæs' areas of expertise are within technology and IT-procurements, including contracts and negotiations, data protection, eBusiness/eGovernment, information security, including electronic signature, digital certificates and certification services (PKI). He also works with copyright issues, in particular license agreements.
Riisnæs mostly assists clients with large, complex procurements, including strategic legal counsel on procurement law, contract law, negotiations and contract management, as well as within specialties such as data protection (privacy) and information security.
Riisnæs has, in recent years, counseled clients in several major strategic procurements, among others, the Agency for Public Management and eGovernment (Difi), the National Police Directorate, Norges Bank (the central bank of Norway), Helse Sør-Øst RHF (the South-Eastern Norway Regional Health Authority) and Orkla. He is now assisting i.a., Sykehuspartner in outsourcing important parts of the IT-infrastructure for Helse Sør-Øst RHF and affiliated companies. He has a wide experience in coordinating and leading Wikborg Rein's procurement team on specific complex projects.
Riisnæs has expert knowledge of the application of all standard agreements for the State regarding IT-procurements (SSA) and the adaptation of such standard agreements for specific procurements. He counseled the Agency for Public Management and eGovernment (Difi) in their total overhaul of SSAs in 2014-2015. He also counseled Difi in a complete update and quality assurance of SSAs in 2008-2009 as well as in the completion and quality assurance of the Agile Software Development Agreement (SSA-S) in 2013/2014.
Riisnæs continually assists several of Wikborg Rein's clients regarding privacy and information security. He has also reviewed privacy and information security issues in connection with the handling of personal information within the health sector and in public portals such as Altinn (Government Internet portal for public reporting) and ID-porten (Government eID-portal).
Riisnæs was appointed Dr. juris in 2006 for his thesis regarding digital certificates and certification services (PKI). He has been involved in several projects regarding PKI, electronic signatures, eGovernment and the development of legal framework for the e-commerce sector. He played a central role in the development of regulations regarding electronic communication with and within the government (the eGovernment Regulations) as well as a new user guide for it. In 2012 Riisnæs was assigned by the Ministry of Local Government and Modernisation to review proposals for changes in the Public Administration Act and the eGovernment Regulations regarding i.a. consent requirements and adaptations for realization of the Government's strategy for digital communication with citizens.
Riisnæs is credited by Legal 500 and Expert Guides in the categories Intellectual property and TMT as well as by Chambers and Who's Who Legal in the area of Information technology.
- 2010- Partner, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 2007-2009 Senior Associate, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 2006 Associate, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
- 2000-2005 Researcher/Scholarship to pursue doctorate studies (part time)
- 1994-1999 Researcher, Norwegian Research Centre for Computers and Law (NRCCL), Faculty of Law, University of Oslo (part time)
- 1994-1999 Associate, Wikborg Rein, Oslo (part time)
- 1990-1993 Research Assistant, Norwegian Research Centre for Computers and Law (NRCCL), Faculty of Law, University of Oslo (part time)
- 1985-1987 Financial Secretary, Norsk AS Philips
- Computer Law and Security Review, EU National News Column 2015, with Emily M. Weitzenboeck
- Data Protection – Norway Chapter, International Comparative Legal Guides 2014 and 2015 (published in April 2014 and 2015), with Emily M. Weitzenboeck
- Digitale sertifikater og sertifikattjenester – roller, oppgaver og ansvar, Fagbokforlaget (2007) [Digital Certificates and Certification Services (PKI)]
- Regelverksutvikling og brukerdeltakelse i eForvaltningen, i Dag Wiese Schartum (red.), Elektronisk forvaltning i Norden, Fagbokforlaget (2007) [Regulatory development and user participation in the eGovernment]
- Sikker elektronisk samhandling med og i forvaltningen (eForvaltningsforskriften), i Arild Jansen og Dag Wiese Schartum (red.), Informasjonssikkerhet - Rettslige krav til sikker bruk av IKT, Fagbokforlaget (2005) [Secure electronic communicaton with and within the public administration]
- Digital Certificates and Certification Services, i Peter Wahlgren (ed), IT Law, Scandinavian Studies in Law Volume 47, Stockholm Institute for Scandinavian Law (2004)
- Electronic Agents and PKI, i Jon Bing and Giovanni Sartor (eds), The Law of Electronic Agents, CompLex 4/2003. En lett bearbeidet versjon av artikkelen er publisert i Lee Bygrave (ed), Yulex 2003
- Introduction to the Norwegian Model EDI Agreement, EDI Law Review, Vol 3 No 3, 1996
- Elektronisk datautveksling i tollforvaltningen - rettslige spørsmål knyttet til TVINN, CompLex 3/94, Tano (1994) [Electronic data interchange in the customs admininstration]
- EDI and National Legislation, i Wolgang Kilian og Andreas Wiebe (eds.), Data Security in Computer Networks and Legal Problems, Toeche-Mittler Verlag (1992)
- Implementing EDI – a proposal for regulatory reform, CompLex 6/92, Tano (1992)
- 2007 Practising Certificate
- 2006 Dr. juris, University of Oslo
- 1993 Cand.jur., University of Oslo