Snorre Nordmo is a Specialist Counsel at Wikborg Rein's Oslo office and is part of the firm's Capital Markets practice.
Snorre is specialised in asset management and financial regulatory matters and has broad experience within the industry from both a service provider and client perspective. He advises both regulated and unregulated asset managers, including investment firms, alternative investment managers (within private equity, hedge funds, real estate, private debt, infrastructure, etc.), securities fund managers, investment banks and financial institutions, pension funds, insurance companies, family offices, consultants, advisers and service providers within the asset management industry.
In short, Snorre's main service areas may be divided as follows:
- Financial regulatory matters (including advice on business activities and rules of conduct, license filings, marketing applications, correspondence with authorities, financial regulatory litigation matters, etc.).
- Fund establishment (including tax and structuring, project management, preparation and/or review of all fund documents and marketing materials, advice with respect to marketing and pre-marketing, etc.).
- Compliance, AML, and governance services (including preparing and implementing policy frameworks, education of employees, and integrated services such as board director services, compliance services, mock audits, corporate secretary services, etc.).
- M&A (both private and public M&A).
- Contract law and negotiations for asset managers.
- Employment law and management incentive programs for asset managers.
- ESG for asset managers (including advice regarding the EU taxonomy, preparation, and review of ESG policies, ESG Due Diligence services, etc.).
Prior to starting at Wikborg Rein, Snorre worked as Chief Legal and Compliance Officer at Sector Asset Management, as a lawyer at the Law Firm BAHR, and as a Junior Attorney at Norges Bank Investment Management.
Specialist Counsel, Wikborg Rein, Oslo
2018 - 2020
Chief Legal & Compliance Officer (CLO/CCO), Sector Asset Management
2017 - 2018
Senior Associate, Law Firm BAHR
2016 - 2016
Junior Attorney, Norges Bank Investment Management
2014 - 2017
Associate, Law Firm BAHR
Master of Laws, University of Tromsø