Associate – Shipping Offshore
We are looking for an associate (advokatfullmektig) with an interest in shipping and offshore to take part in the Maritime Trainee program run by the Norwegian Shipowners' Association.
The candidate we are looking for will join Wikborg Rein's Shipping Offshore group as an associate. As part of a top-tier rated team of about 70 maritime lawyers in Shanghai, Singapore, London, Oslo and Bergen, you will be working on projects for the construction, finance, operation and management of shipping and offshore assets, assisting Norwegian and international shipowners, marine insurers, shipyards, brokers, banks and others. We are regularly instructed to handle complex disputes and large casualties and marine and energy insurance matters in Norway and abroad.
The associate will also be part of Group 11 of the Maritime Trainee program. Maritime Trainee is one of the leading management trainee programs in Norway. Together with other recent graduates with master degrees in technology, business, IT and law, you will take part in an 18 month academic program with modules in Norway, Singapore and London providing a unique network and in-depth knowledge of one Norway's largest and most international industries:
- Kick-off with all trainees in Oslo, spring 2018
- Module 1: The Oslo Fjord – Introduction to the maritime industry and team-building
- Module 2: Bergen/Ålesund – Ocean industry focus: From offshore oil and gas to offshore renewables
- Module 3: Singapore as an offshore-maritime hub
- Module 4: Oslo: The maritime industry and digitalization
- Module 5: London: Insurance, finance and international regulations
- Diploma ceremony and MT Alumni dinner, end of 2019
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Master of Laws (Master i rettsvitenskap)
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
- Strong academic record
- Enthusiasm and a keen interest in the maritime industries
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- No more than 12 months' work experience
As an associate in Wikborg Rein, you will:
- be part of one the leading and most international law firms in Norway
- participate in Wikborg Rein's award-winning internal training and talent development programs
- be offered competitive terms
- take part in Wikborg Rein's great work environment
The position will be based in Oslo or Bergen. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Please send your application attaching your CV/diplomas to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for filing an application is 1 December 2017.