Our leading superyachts practice regularly acts for some of the industry's foremost builders, owners and other industry players worldwide, with comprehensive services for ownership, transactions, crisis management and disputes.
Our renowned superyacht practice is led by specialists with a wealth of knowledge and experience gained through years of handling transactions and disputes, representing builders and owners in relation to some of the largest and most prestigious yachts in the global fleet.
As a full-service practice, we provide pragmatic and focused advice, leveraging our specialised experience to safeguard your interests and navigate challenges, smoothly and with a minimum of drama.
Our experienced legal team expertly supports all aspects of superyacht-related legal considerations, including newbuilding, conversion, sale and purchase, charter and contract negotiations, financing, and operational guidance, as well as ancillary matters such as ownership structures and registration.
With a strong market reputation, our dedicated yachting team is trusted to guide clients through operational and management matters, skilfully circumnavigating any issues that arise.
Benefit from our global reach as we support you in all yachting matters, drawing from our vast experience in successfully handling complex multi-jurisdictional cases.
Construction and refit, including
- construction contracts
- conversion and fit-out agreements
- upgrade, re-fit and repair agreements
- refund guarantees and other security
- construction supervision and project management agreements
- design agreements
- ancillary agreements (purchase of tenders and toys, specialist equipment or other contracts related to the yacht)
- speculative and entrepreneurial builds
Sale and purchase, including
- asset or share sale and purchase agreements
- MYBA form or bespoke sales agreements
- seller's credit agreements
- brokers' commission agreements
Dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration, including
- casualty response and insurance
- delivery issues and warranty claims
- marina and yard liabilities
- regulatory compliance
- yacht arrests
Ownership structures and corporate issues, including
- management and operation agreements
- charter agreements
- flagging and registration advice
- crewing agreements
- pre and post-delivery financing agreements with third-party banks
- security for financing agreements
- intra-group loans