Charting the future of maritime: A century ahead
The maritime sector is evolving at a rapid pace, navigating challenges such as decarbonisation, digitalisation, fleet renewal, financing, geopolitical conflict and more. Yara Marine Technologies and Wikborg Rein proudly hosted a panel discussion exploring the challenges and opportunities that will define the maritime sector's evolution over the coming century.
|12/09/2023 – 09:00 AM
|12/09/2023 – 11:30 AM
The event, which also marks Wikborg Rein’s centenary, invited reflection on the past while forging ahead into the future. The discussion, by the remarkable panel, provided much needed insight on the future and was certainly a highlight of London International Shipping Week (LISW) 2023 calendar.
The distinguished panel of experts represented a diverse spectrum of maritime perspectives, including ship owners, technical managers, equipment manufacturers, legal experts, regulators, and decarbonisation specialists. Through their insights, the high-level discussion covered pressing topics such as:
- Existing and forthcoming emissions regulations.
- Legal ramifications for ship owners and operators.
- Insurance and finance strategies for emerging ships and technologies.
- Assessing demand, availability, and scalability of green fuels and technologies.
- Technical implementation of vessel emission reductions.
- Class implications for vessels and operators.
The recording of this seminar, provided below, is accessible to those who couldn't attend.
WindWings image credit: Cargill
Our moderator and panel
Chief Sales Officer
Yara Marine Technologies
Head of Technical
Union Maritime Limited
Tonje Hagen Geiran
PhD, Shipping Decarbonisation Specialist
Lloyd's Register Services