Our anti-money laundering lawyers assist companies in all sectors to identify and manage money laundering risks, prepare anti-money laundering compliance programs and assist in processes with public authorities. Our lawyers have extensive expertise in criminal law, compliance and financial regulatory issues.
Failure to comply with anti-money laundering regulations can have serious legal, financial and reputational consequences. Enterprises should therefore implement suitable measures in light of the current regulations and the enterprise's risk exposure. For companies with international operations, anti-money laundering rules in several jurisdictions must also be dealt with.
Our anti-money laundering lawyers have extensive expertise in criminal law, compliance and financial regulatory issues. Our lawyers have experience from the police/prosecuting authority and several have worked in-house with anti-money laundering in the country's largest financial institutions. We have also handled several large, international investigations in this field with extensive coordination in various jurisdictions.
Wikborg Rein's services include:
- Tailor-made a compliance programs for anti-money laundering, including implementation of risk assessments, drafting of routines, assistance with practical implementation of the routines, and assistance with training. We take a holistic approach and see anti-money laundering in the context of other relevant compliance areas such as sanctions and anti-corruption, to ensure the most effective implementation in practice
- Assistance in connection with inspections and other processes with public authorities
- Interpretation and practical compliance with the money laundering rules, such as questions about handling customer relationships in financial institutions, assessment of customer measures and assessment and follow-up of circumstances that give rise to suspicion of money laundering or terrorist financing
- Crisis management and investigation related to money laundering, including related criminal law matters and civil law disputes.
- "Integrity Due Diligence" services to map business partners, including mapping control and ownership structures.
- Handling of anti-money laundering in the context of transactions
- Seamless international cooperation on money laundering issues affecting multiple jurisdictions
See our other compliance-areas
Read our articles on Anti-money laundering
Update – Beneficial ownership register act
In order to fully implement the EU Fourth Anti-Money Laundering Directive, Norway is soon to establish the necessary legal basis for a Beneficial Ownership Register. The EU Fourth Anti-Money Laundering Directive article 30 provides that companies in Member States should obtain and hold information relating to their “Beneficial Owners” and that this information should be reported to a central register.